About the Sioux Falls Family YMCA
OUR MISSION IS TO PUT CHRISTIAN PRINCIPLES INTO PRACTICE THROUGH PROGRAMS THAT BUILD HEALTHY SPIRIT, MIND AND BODY FOR ALL.
Who We Are
- We are community centered. The Y is a powerful association of men, women and children of all ages and walks of life, joined together by a shared passion: to strengthen the foundations of our Sioux Falls community.
- We bring people together, connecting people of all ages and backgrounds to bridge the gaps in community needs.
- We nurture potential, because everyone should have the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive.
- We have a local presence and global reach. We mobilize our local community to effect lasting, meaningful change.
To bring about meaningful change, we are focused and accountable. At the Y, we measure the success of our cause by how well we engage communities in our three areas of focus:
- Youth Development – Nurturing the potential of every child and teen
- Healthy Living – Improving the nation’s health and well being
- Social Responsibility – Giving back and providing support to our neighbors
Our core values unite us as a movement. They are the shared beliefs and essential principles that guide our behavior, interactions with each other and decision-making. The four values of the Y are:
- Caring: Show a sincere concern for others
- Honesty: Be truthful in what you say and do
- Respect: Follow the “golden rule”
- Responsibility: Be accountable for your promises and actions
We offer needs-based assistance to help individuals and families afford the programs they need. These scholarships are made possible by our generous donors and partners who are committed to providing resources that increase access so more people can come together for the common good. We’re proud to work with individuals and organizations to identify and address opportunities to make every neighborhood a vibrant place to live.
DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
The key to effectively nurturing the potential of children, improving the nation’s health and well-being and supporting our neighbors is a passionate, experienced and diverse array of staff, volunteers and members. We know that our ability to achieve our cause begins with reflecting and partnering with all people and communities.
The Y is committed to ensuring all persons have equal access to our programs, facilities and enjoyment without regard to race, ability, creed, national origin and gender. The Y will make reasonable accommodations whenever possible to meet special needs. To help us provide a positive experience, please contact the Y if you or a family member have any special needs that require any accommodations.