Foster Conditioning Center
Available to adult members, high school members who have added Foster to their membership, and youth aged 4th-8th grade who have a Family Membership, the Foster Conditioning Center provides users of all fitness levels the opportunity of a total fitness program which will result in improved strength, flexibility, and endurance. YMCA fitness professional staff the Conditioning Center, providing instruction on use of the machines, while helping members design individualized workout programs and set goals. Many of the available cardio machines feature state-of-the-art electronics that set goals, provide feedback, and help users measure progress.
All users of the Foster Conditioning Center are offered a free machine orientation. Appointments may be set up through the Health and Wellness Office or the Welcome Center.
You can find the following equipment in the Foster Conditioning Center:
- Broadcast Vision is available on our 9 televisions
- Concept 2 Rower
- Stairmaster Stepmill
- EFX Trainers
- Precor Treadmills (Some with up to 3% decline capability)
- Lifefitness Crosstrainers
- Upright Lifecycles
- 2 Free Motion Incline Trainers (Incline to 30%)
- Nu Step Trainer
- Cross Trainer
- Airdyne Windsprint Bike
- Recumbent & Semi-Recumbent Bikes
- 22 pieces of Cybex resistance training machines
- Stairmaster Free Climbers
- Treadwall - a great way for rock climbers to continue climbing year-round
- Precor Stretch Trainer
- Medicine balls, Stability balls, Bosu, Exercise bands, and jump ropes
- 4th grade through 8th graders can use the cardio equipment only with the supervision of a parent after going through an orientation.
- 9th through 12th graders have access to the Cybex machines as well as cardio pieces after going through an orientation.